Tuesday 22 December 2009

The Misanthrope

Hi, First of all I'm back in Berlin!!
Wooah...It was a very exhausting last week at uni, with all the assignments...well, it's all done! Time to enjoy now. At least a bit.
On saturday i drove up to London to meet some friends over there.
We decided to go to the theatre on sunday.

We watched Moliere's "The Misanthrope", adapted by Martin Crimp.

On stage we saw Damien Lewis and Keira Knightley!! Amazing performance of all the ensemble! Stage design, light, costume, music... I loved all of it.

It was Keira's on stage debut and she did her performance well. She played the american actress Jennifer. At first I needed to get used of seeing her on stage, but that doesn't change the fact that she was very good as a woman, who plays around with all her admirer. My friends and I enjoyed the play very much! Damien Lewis as Alceste was very good indeed.
The whole play was brilliant and made us laugh quite often. It is definitely worth to watch it! I'm glad i had the chance to see it before going back to Berlin.

No comments: